Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chicago

This last week i went with my architecture class to Chicago. Like i expected it was a lot of fun. The biggest thing that shocked me was the temperature. Even though i loved it, i was not thinking that it was going to get that cold. Being from the North i miss all those cool autumn days with jeans and a sweater. The air smells crisp and clean and it feels that much better when you finally take your shoes off inside. This was my first time in Chicago and ended up loving it. My first impression was a little different. We came in on the subway from O'Hare and it was not the best of journeys. It was pretty cold, while i was wearing shorts and a shirt, and the hotel had a strike, a small one, going on at the front. On the first day we went on a nice walking tour with our two teachers of the loop and we discussed all our buildings we had to research, mostly ones with historical presence. I enjoyed myself there, eating chicago style pizza, twice, amazing steaks at Morton's, also the most expensive meal i have ever eaten, and everything in between. I went out a couple nights but one night that was the most fun was when we went to the area around Wrigly field. It was mostly a younger crowd and it ended up being a blast. I enjoyed my last saturday there being a free day. I got to check out a museum, walk around the city more, and watch the columbus day parade. All in all Chicago turned out to be a really fun time, as well as educational.

No comments: