Sunday, September 23, 2007

All Nighters Helpful?

The first thing that caught my eye was definitely the article about all nighters. I would say that i never expected to pull all nighters in school, but was quickly proven wrong. Architecture was a very difficult major to jump into from high school. This major, since freshman year, has been making me pull all nighters, or at least stay up till 3 or 4, a couple times a week. Reading about how some things that i would never consider to be helpful to mention in interviews was pretty surprising. I mean it does make sense that being able to get something done by a certain deadline would be helpful, but it almost seems it is kind of a negative. A few all nighters are pulled because of procrastination. A few other things i liked about the article is how to present these "skills" in an interview. I like how the all nighters turn into time management skills and the studying abroad is global exposure and culturally savvy. Also I have never figured that mentioning i keep up to date with the most recent technologies could also help. I do hope to remember to use this next interview.

No comments: