Sunday, September 30, 2007

Traveling on Resumes

This was definately the most interesting article to me. I love to travel. It might be the fact that i have never lived in a place that i can remember for more than 4 years. I think the reason i love to travel is the different communities and ways of life that you get to experience everywhere knew you go. I think putting something that has truely changed you in the slightest way should be mentioned. All though not an expert by any means, i feel that seeing so many different European cities has helped me better understand how city life works and how it survives. Also the more new stuff that someone tries the more they realize what they actually like. Traveling has also helped me not be so shy about trying something different, whether it be food or communication or even travel. All these things i would like to portray my very best in my resume, and at the least during the interview.
I liked hearing the part about how the one company hired the man who traveled the country because he thinks outside the box. Not being in the workforce yet fulltime, what my views are based off of are others experiences. For the most part it seems that majority of companies are afraid to take risks in people that are concerned about themselves above all else. I will have to be happy to be any type of productive in the work force. I also agree that traveling gives you a break to re-examine what you are doing with your life. I hope that Architecture offices have somewhat of the same views when it comes to considering employees who travel. I do not plan on stopping anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your presentation on travel Friday. Got me all nostalgic about my own trips to Europe.